Bachelor of Commerce in Tour & Travels Management
B.Com in Tour & Travels Management is a 3 - year full-time undergraduate course. Tour & Travels Management has achieved quite some success in the recent few years due to its engaging and diverse sphere of relevance. This is owing to the Travel & Tourism industry's rapid development as one of the leading industries of the world.
In recent times, Travel & Tourism has become one of the important members in international commerce, and it represent at the same time one of the most essential income sources for many developing countries.
With a strong foundation in Commerce, this course offers specialization in the travel & tourism industry.
The course acquires increasing relevance in light of factors such as:
- Fast diversification of, and competition among preferred destinations.
- Rapid growth and increasing importance of the travel industry in India and abroad.
With a pioneering and industry-driven curriculum, this course aims to equip students with:
- analytical, and policy-making skills.
- skills in sustainable tourism management.
- tourism-related expertise within both commercial business enterprises and the public-sector tourism industry.
- communication skills and customer-related service skills.
- management skills in relation to the discipline of tourism.
- skills in exploration of theories and business models that comprise tourism management.
- ability to operate effectively in the tourism and leisure industry.
- professional familiarity with operations of a travel agencies, etc.
This course in Tourism Administration is a combination of theoretical and practical components of study.
Students enrolled to the course are offered the opportunity to participate in various cultural and sports activities where they can learn to develop interpersonal and communication skills relevant to tourism administration.