DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
The Department of Commerce was established in the year 1984 and it is the biggest department of the college with the average student strength of 65%. The department focuses on the following goals:
- Empowering students with all the knowledge and guidance that they need to become worthy management professionals.
- Developing social consciousness among students.
- Motivating students for their holistic development.
- To encourage quality teaching and research.
- Committed to academic excellence the department motivates, moulds and prepare the students for positions of leadership in business organisations at the local, national and international levels.
- Providing knowledge sharing and knowledge building platforms to the students for their career development.
COURSES OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT:
- B.Com (Honours)
- B.Com (Vocational) with specialisations in: Taxation, Computers, Economics, Foreign Trade, Travel & Tourism, Insurance
YEAR OF BEGINNING
1984 - 85
2000 - 01
2001 - 02
B.Com (Foreign Trade)
2009 - 10
2009 - 10
2011 - 12
2013 - 14
Publication of research papers in journals has gained a lot of importance as a parameter for career advancement in academia. Our college aspires to create such an opportunity, which may become the stepping stone for teachers to go on the path of research publications. Till date, commerce department has released nine volumes of BSSS Journal of Commerce (peer reviewed) with ISSN No. 0975-2528, which is also listed in UGC approved list of journal with serial no. 45807.
MAJOR EVENTS ORGANISED BY THE DEPARTMENT: Session 2017-2018
- Department Orientation
- Industrial Visits
- Guest Lectures
- Workshops for students
- Intra Department Commerce Quiz Competition
- Intra Department Debate Competition
- UGC Sponsored Workshop on Application of Statistical Tools in the Field of Commerce
- Student Exchange Programme
- Faculty Exchange
- Certificate Course in Banking
- Certificate Course in Travel and Tourism
- Certificate Course in Stock market
- Certificate Course in Managerial Decision through case study analysis
- Certificate Course in Auditing
- Certificate Course in Digital Marketing