The library is a sacred place for acquiring knowledge. Students are directed to uphold the sanctity and solemnity of the library environment and maintain strict silence.
The library is equipped with 34260 volumes of books in all subjects offered by the college, as well as books of general knowledge and information, competitive exams and a wide range of fiction and non-fiction. Besides, the library has 5807 Reference Books which can be used in the library itself. Library Resources also include numerous newspapers, journals, magazines and audio visual materials. Additionally students can access E-resources from INFLIBNET Centre to the tune of 6000+ journals and 97000+ books. Our library affiliations include Swami Vivekanand Public library.
- All students should ensure that they have claimed their library membership card from the librarian within one month after the commencement of the academic year.
- Entry into the library will be restricted to those students only who have their library membership card / identity card with them.
- Undergraduate students are entitled to borrow two books at a time while the postgraduate students may borrow four books at a time.
- Students are fully responsible for the books borrowed by them on their library cards.
- Students may keep the books for a period of 15 days during the first issue and may be reissued for another 7 days manually or online. No book shall be re-issued more than two times.
- Books lost, defaced or damaged in any way will have to be replaced by the borrower.
- Students are advised to take care of the library membership card since no duplicate will be issued under any circumstances.
- Students must return all library books prior to the commencement of the annual examination, else admit cards will not be issued.
- Students who desire to keep some books for their studies during the examination may issue the books from the departmental libraries.
- Students from reserved categories, namely SC/ST/OBC are permitted to borrow two additional books from the library under the book bank scheme.